Multivitamins, nootropics, sports supplements, MCTs, energy, sleep aids and more… we’ve got the lowdown.
It’s hard to find the right supplement among the hype. That’s why we’re here. At Supplement Reviews UK, our expert team weeds out the effective from the unproven and (sometimes) downright dangerous and brings you the honest truth about dietary supplements.
Whether you want to bulk up, shape up, lose weight, sleep better, work harder or feel healthier, we’ve got you covered.
Independent honest reviews. No fluff.
OUR FAVOURITE SUPPLEMENTS…
Britons spend more than £400 million on vitamins every year. It’s big business and getting bigger every year, as people look to fill dietary gaps, tackle specific health issues or maintain good health as they get older. The key is to choose the right multivitamin for you. How can you do that?
- Step 1. Choose a multivitamin for your gender
- Step 2. Choose a multivitamin suitable for your age.
- Step 3: Research, research, research… or let us do it for you!
- Best Vitamins for Women to Buy in the UK in 2020
- Best Vitamins for Women Over 50 to Buy in UK in 2020
- Best Men’s Multivitamin to Buy in the UK in 2020
Woke up this morning feeling a little slow, brain fog making it hard to think and react? Have a big presentation you want to be at your best for? An exam to take in a few hours? Then you might want to turn to a brain-boosting nootropic.
What is a Nootropic?
The official definition of a nootropic tells us that it’s a substance that helps improve cognitive functions such as mental clarity, focus, memory, processing speed etc…, AND enhances brain health. Nootropics can also help you fight stress, improve your mood, aid your creativity and fight cognitive decline due to age. And much more! You might also hear them described as smart drugs, brain supplements, brain boosters, or memory pills.
WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING NOOTROPIC STACKS
Performance Lab Mind – A simple formula and an ideal base to build upon; helps to boost brain health and regeneration, energy, performance and mental recovery from stress.
Mind Lab Pro – Clever formula, tried and tested ingredients, potent nootropics… what’s not to love?! Universal nootropic which means it can deliver what you need on any given day.
Performance Lab® Sleep – Because you won’t perform very well without a good nights’ sleep. Night-time regeneration to encourage peak daytime performance.
Testosterone is THE male sex hormone; it influences the development of male sex organs, keeps the muscles strong, plays a vital role in libido and sperm production. But did you know it’s also linked to the brain, the heart, the bones… and practically every single organ in the body? In short, it’s crucial for a man’s health, vitality and virility.
Men, here’s the bad news. When you hit 30 years old – yes, just 30 — your testosterone levels begin to fall by as much as 10% each passing decade. You can lose 1% of your ‘maleness’ each year.
That loss can impact your sex drive, hair loss, muscle gain, athletic performance and can even leave you at risk from heart disease, obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis and more.
Supplementation with a good T-booster can help to reverse or delay the signs of falling testosterone – losing hair, struggling sexually, feeling weak, producing less sperm, increased risk of diabetes and osteoporosis and more. (A third of osteoporosis sufferers are men, with lack of testosterone the chief cause).
- Performance Lab SPORT Testosterone Booster (Best Overall Test Booster)
- Hunter Test (Best Testosterone Booster for Older Men)
- Prime Male (Best T-Boosting ‘Vitality Complex’ / Most Versatile T-Booster)
- TestoFuel (Best T-Booster and Libido Enhancer for Young Bodybuilders)
- Best T-boosting ingredients – what works and what doesn’t
Trying everything but that stubborn weight still won’t shift? You may need help from a fat burner, a supplement that can help you to burn more fat than diet and exercise alone.
How can Fat Burners Help?
Fat burners can work in more than one way at a time. They can:
- Encourage the body to burn more calories via thermogenesis (raising the body’s temperature)
- Suppress your appetite, control cravings, help you avoid snacking
- Protect muscle from being used as fat
- Boost your energy levels, helping you to train for longer and harder
- Reduce fat in problem areas, such as abdominal.
- Best Fat Burners to Buy in UK in 2020
- Best Fat Burning Ingredients
Should I Exercise and Diet when Taking a Fat Burner?
Absolutely. Fat burners are supplementary aids; they won’t do the work for you, but a good fat burner can boost your own diet and exercise efforts. Ideally, you should still aim for a realistic weight loss of between 1-3lbs a week.
We’re talking pre-and post-workout supplements, BCAA supps, protein and more…
Choose the right pre-workout supplement and it can give the fuel you need to make your workout count, plus the energy to be motivated.
Pre-workouts tend to work in one of two ways:
- Enhance your mental and physical energy to push you towards the gym in the first place
- Give you the endurance you need to work out harder for longer
- Best Stimulant-Free Pre-Workout: Performance Lab® SPORT Pre-Workout
- Best Caffeine-Led Pre-Workout: 4 Gauge
- Best Pre-Workouts to Buy in UK in 2020
Don’t neglect your post-workout regimen. A good post-workout supp can soothe aching joints and muscle soreness, rebalance your electrolytes and help you to recover after intense training. It could mean the difference between being back in the gym the next day or being laid up at home with exhaustion. Don’t lose those muscle gains. Take them to the next level instead.
BEST WORKOUT INGREDIENT:
CREATINE, ideal for pre-and post-workouts. Creatine supplementation can work in two ways:
- Creatine coverts to ATP, the fuel used to power muscles. Creatine, therefore, can provide more energy for high-intensity exercise, improving intensity, duration, strength and power during your workout.
- Creatine supplementation also helps the muscles to recover quicker, replenish creatine stores and get stronger. Ideal for taking straight after your workout too.
BCAA Supplements: Branched-Chain Amino Acids are the powerhouse of muscle gains. They can encourage muscle building, prevent muscle breakdown, potentially aid the immune system and can significantly boost exercise intensity and endurance. They can act as pre-workouts, intra-workouts and post-workouts, all from one supplement.
Protein is, of course, a vital component of muscle-building, hence our obsession with it in the gym. Protein powders aid athletic performance, improve muscle tone and recovery, and improve overall health. Best Protein Supps to Buy in UK in 2020
Carbohydrates are the short-term energy nutrient, providing your body with the fuel it needs for performance and recovery. Best Carb Supps to Buy in UK in 2020
OTHER SUPPLEMENTS REVIEWED…
Looking for your get up and go? Avoid the high and lows of energy drinks, opt for our Best Energy Supplement to Buy in UK in 2020
Yes, supplements really can support your eyesight if you buy the right one. Find out more with our Best Vision Supplements to Buy in UK in 2020
Oh boy, when you struggle to get enough Zzzs, it impacts on every aspect of your life. Don’t suffer, try the innovative Performance Lab® Sleep. PLUS, our list of the Best Natural Sleep Supplements to Buy in UK in 2020.
Protect your gut health and it will protect you. Best Prebiotic to Buy in UK
Ideal for keto. Best MCT Product to Buy in UK in 2020
BONES AND JOINTS
Because one in four of the adult UK population suffers from musculoskeletal issues. Best Joint Supps in UK in 2020 – Performance Lab Flex
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
We are a team of personal trainers, nutritionists, fitness and health specialists and full-time reviewers dedicated to bringing you the honest truth about supplements. We scour the internet for real-life customer testimonials, assess the trustworthiness of the manufacturer behind all new launches, examine the ingredients in detail and analyse the SCIENCE. We assess whether the big claims made by supplement manufacturers really stand up to scrutiny. In short, we do the leg work so you don’t have to. You can trust us to recommend only the very best. And you can bet we’ll tell you if that new product hype is the biggest waste of money since New Coke and Google Glass. Or that sixth beer you had last night. You’re welcome 🙂