This page may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small amount of money from any products bought. Our reviews, however, remain independent and impartial.
In this article, we reveal what you should look for in quality testosterone boosting supplements, and compare and review top-rated T-boosters on the market to find the best testosterone booster in the UK in 2022.
When you hit the relatively young age of 30, a man’s testosterone levels can fall by as much as 10% for each passing decade. Testosterone is implicated in everything from virility, libido and sexual performance to muscle gain, athletic performance, strong bones and overall health and vitality. It’s no wonder testosterone boosters have become so popular in recent years.
Whether you want a T-booster to replace lost testosterone, to give you more oomph for the gym or to enhance your sex life, we’ve got you covered.
After reviewing dozens of supplements, we believe that Testo Lab Pro is the best testosterone booster for men currently available on the market.
Or read on to learn why we chose this T-booster as our #1 recommendation.
Testosterone boosters are big business, but not all of the products on the market are effective… or safe. Knowing what to look for can help you find the right T-booster for you, no matter what your reason for buying. In this guide, we’ve investigated the UK market and evaluated some of the top products.
For now, let us introduce the five best T-booster supplements to buy in the UK in 2022.
- Testo Lab Pro: Best Overall Testosterone Booster
- Centrapeak: Best T-Booster for Male Vitality
- Prime Male: Best Testosterone Booster for Older Men
- TestoFuel: Best T-Booster for Body Building & Muscle Gain
- Hunter Test: Best T-Booster for Low Testosterone
One of these is bound to be the perfect choice for you, so read on…
Best Testosterone Boosters that Work
1. Testo Lab Pro
Billed as the next generation in T support, Testo Lab Pro is made by OptiNutra, the manufacturers of the phenomenally popular, Mind Lab Pro nootropic. Testo Lab Pro, its headlining Testosterone Booster, combines clinically proven T-boosters with tonics and male-friendly vitamins.
- Boosts testosterone naturally (no synthetic testosterone involved).
- It does so by encouraging the body to boost its own supply of T.
- The ingredients in Testo Lab Pro do much more than just boost testosterone — they can improve sperm quality (Ashwagandha), enhance libido and virility (Mucuna Pruriens), prevent T decline (luteolin), and supercharge your T (D-AA-CC).
- Also contains some useful male-friendly vitamins and minerals, such as zinc, vitamin K, D3, boron, and magnesium — all of which are implicated in T production.
- Testo Lab Pro is suitable for men of all fitness levels.
- Higher T levels can aid muscle growth and gym/ athletic performance.
- Super clean formula with no banned substances, so suitable for competing athletes.
- Endorsed by Dr Lance Dreher, a two-times Mr Universe and Master Trainer.
Centrapeak isn’t just a testosterone booster — its main role is as a vitality booster with an emphasis on both the body and mind. It combines some T-boosting ingredients alongside libido-enhancers and a couple of nootropics.
- Designed to boost low levels of testosterone.
- The nootropics included in Centrapeak (Rhodiola Rosea and Phosphatidylserine) help to enhance your sense of wellbeing.
- Should help to reduce any anxiety and stress.
- Includes strong virility and libido boosters, such as Ashwagandha and Panax Ginseng.
- Combined with strong T-boosters, such as boron, luteolin, zinc, vitamin K2 and more.
3. Prime Male
Prime Male targets the older man with some great ingredients designed to reverse the fall in testosterone that starts to happen when men are just 30 years old. It includes some big-hitters in the testosterone boosting world and comes from Roar Ambition, one of the most reputable supplement manufacturers around.
- It’s a natural testosterone booster.
- Doses are clinically effective and calibrated for optimal daily use — there’s no waste in this formula.
- There is great synergy in this formula — a mix of proven T-boosters and support ingredients that enhance other T-boosters.
- Includes powerhouse T boosters such as D-AA-CC and Ashwagandha, as well as libido enhancers like Asian Red Ginseng.
- Used and recommended by numerous athletes and fitness gurus, including Dolph Lundgren, action star, and martial artist.
- Prime Male has also released Prime Male Enhance, a dedicated virility pill designed to work alongside the original.
4. Testo Fuel
TestoFuel aims itself at the body-building market or anyone who wants to pack on muscle. Increasing your testosterone is one way to do that.
- TestoFuel is an all-natural substance.
- Includes a very generous dose of D-AA (2,300mg), one of the most effective T-boosters around.
- Includes its own version of ZMA, known to boost strength, aid muscle recovery and sleep.
- Also includes potent libido enhancers such as Asian Red Ginseng, Fenugreek and Oyster extract.
- Ideal for younger men who want to train hard and pack on muscle.
- Endorsed by Mr. Olympia Master, Robby Robinson
5. Hunter Test
Hunter Test may be at the bottom of our list, but that doesn’t mean it’s any the less deserving of merit. Hunter Test is a premium testosterone booster that makes up one-third of the male-focused Hunter Evolve line — alongside a fat burner and a nootropic.
- Hunter Test has an even bigger dose of D-AA than TestoFuel, making it one of the most generous on the market today.
- Includes Ashwaghanda, a potent T-booster and adaptogen — meaning it helps to tackle the impact of stress on the body.
- Quality manufacturing process
- Its ingredients help to protect testosterone in several different ways — encouraging straightforward T-boosting as well as tackling bodily processes that hamper testosterone.
- Can be taken alone, but also makes a super-strong mind-body stack alongside Hunter Burn and Hunter Focus.
A Buyer’s Guide to Testosterone Boosting Supplements
Why is Testosterone Important?
Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone (women produce testosterone too but to a much lesser degree) and is influential in a wide range of bodily processes — from helping the male sex organs to develop correctly, to sperm production, libido, and sexual performance. It also has a significant impact on muscle mass, bone strength, fat distribution, and the production of red blood cells. In fact, testosterone is implicated in virtually every bodily process there is.
What Happens When Testosterone Falls?
So, what happens when levels of testosterone start to fall, as they do by 1% a year from the age of 30 onwards? Falling testosterone can make you weaker (reduced muscle strength), bones frailer, cause hair loss, and make you more prone to putting on weight. It can also impact your sex drive, disturb your sleep, and affect your mood. Simply put, it’s not something you want.
So, how can you delay, prevent, or reverse that fall? You can take a testosterone-boosting supplement.
What are Testosterone Boosting Supplements?
Testosterone boosters, or T-boosters/ test-boosters as they’re also known, are a type of dietary supplement — generally a natural one — containing ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts, and amino acids. Their aim is to increase the testosterone in your body. The good ones, such as the ones recommended on this page, do so by encouraging your natural T-producing hormones to get to work and/ or by preventing other hormones from damaging or converting that testosterone into oestrogen.
T-boosters can help men whose natural T levels are falling, as well as offer younger men extra muscle power, hence their popularity with bodybuilders.
Not all T-boosters work as they claim, however, so you are advised to do your research first.
What to Look for in a Testosterone Booster
There are a lot of T-boosters on the market but they’re not all equal — in fact, many are downright rubbish. Here’s what we think you should be looking for in a great testosterone boosting supplement:
- Proven ingredients: Don’t get side-tracked by buzz or elaborate marketing promises. Look for products that offer clinically proven ingredients. Some of the best ingredients around are D-AA (or its more premium form, D-AA-CC), vitamin D, and ginseng, as well as multi-purpose ingredients, such as ashwagandha. Make sure too that they’re included in effective doses.
- Natural products: Steer away from synthetic testosterone, and instead look for products that increase T in a safe, natural way.
- Multi-path Testosterone Boosting: Do your research, and opt for products that increase your testosterone in more than one way. Some ingredients may encourage different bodily processes to create testosterone naturally, while others may work to prevent hormones that bind to free testosterone, effectively rendering it useless. A really strong testosterone booster will offer more than one way of increasing or maintaining T levels.
- Safety: If you opt for the natural products mentioned above, you should find products that have no side effects and make you feel great.
- User Recommendations and/ or Independent Reviews: Finally, get on the web and see what other people are saying about the product you’re considering. Keep an eye out for any red flags. Independent reviews on review websites (such as ours!) are also a good way to go.
All of the products on our Best Testosterone Boosters of 2022 meet the above recommendations.
1. Testo Lab Pro: Best Overall Testosterone Booster
Testo Lab Pro is manufactured by Opti-Nutra, a trusted name in the supplements industry and the creators of the ever-popular Performance Lab line.
Opti-Nutra has developed a reputation for combining natural ingredients with scientific research to offer high-quality products. Testo Lab Pro replaces their popular Performance Lab Sport T-Booster.
The reason for the update and new brand was to address an issue with the old product — that some of the ingredients were a little underdosed, designed to provide a lighter boost.
Testo Lab Pro amps up and indeed doubles the ingredients to deliver a more potent boost of testosterone, while still keeping the safety record the Opti-Nutra brand is known for.
Testo Lab Pro calls itself ‘masculinity in a capsule’ and, hyperbole aside, this is a serious testosterone booster. It pledges to:
- Increase T-levels levels naturally and safely
- Protect, maintain and enhance the power of circulating testosterone
- Encourage muscle growth and resulting strength
- Improve athletic prowess
- Enhance your virility and help you feel more masculine.
So, does it live up to its own hype? Let’s investigate and find out…
Pros of Testo Lab Pro
- We like products that seek to raise testosterone via several different pathways, as Testo Lab pro does.
- It simultaneously seeks to boost the production of testosterone while also tackling bodily processes that could reduce it.
- All ingredients have significant research behind them, and dosage is effective.
- Testo Lab Pro should help to enhance libido and sexual drive as well as muscle growth and athletic performance. It can also aid fat loss.
- The ingredients in Testo Lab Pro helps to boost both mental and physical energy.
- All are natural and suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and Testo Lab Pro is certified organic by the USDA.
Cons of Testo Lab Pro
- Only available direct from the manufacturer, as opposed to being found in high street shops or on Amazon. This does allow the manufacturer to offer bulk discounts, however.
- Maybe a little bit pricier than some other T-boosters but we believe it’s a fair price for the quality you receive.
The Ingredients in Testo Lab Pro
One of the star ingredients of Testo Lab Pro is ancient herb Ashwagandha, included here in premium form KSM-66®. Popular in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, modern clinical trials have recently investigated its T-boosting and other health-building effects.
Ashwagandha is a potent adaptogen, meaning that it helps to reduce anxiety and stress, and balance stress-related hormones such as cortisol. A double-blind human placebo study of subjects taking 300mg of KSM-66® for 60 days demonstrated a 27% drop in cortisol levels. It’s worth noting that Testo Lab Pro includes double that amount.
Why does this impact testosterone? There’s a strong school of belief, with evidence behind it, that stress and low testosterone levels may be linked, via cortisol. This may be because testosterone isn’t a high requirement when the body is in fight or flight mode, a form of stress that all too often carries over into the everyday. Instead, the body produces the stress hormone cortisol.
As well as reducing cortisol, Ashwagandha has also been proven to increase HDL-cholesterol (the good kind), aid sleep and reduce inflammation, all of which are potentially valuable for testosterone production.
Human studies of Ashwagandha on infertile subjects have shown significant increases in testosterone of up to 40%, with better sperm quality. A study of young healthy fertile subjects (using KSM-66®) also saw a 15% increase in testosterone levels.
Other ingredients in Testo Lab Pro:
- D-AA-CC: Supporting Ashwagandha is 600mg of proven T-booster D-AA-CC (D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate). This amino acid helps to regulate the sex hormones, triggering an increase of luteinizing hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). Both of which tell the testes to produce more testosterone and sperm. Studies show D-AA, the more basic form of this amino acid, can increase testosterone by as much as 42% in 12 days. D-AA-CC is superior to this.
- Mucuna Pruriens: Aiding Ashwagandha’s stress-busting qualities is Mucuna Pruriens, another adaptogen herb. Mucuna’s active ingredient levodopa (L-DOPA) starts a bioactive chain reaction in the body that results in increased testosterone production. Particularly effective in men with low sperm counts.
- Luteolin: Antioxidant luteolin prevents the enzyme aromatase from converting testosterone into oestrogen, and may be particularly beneficial for men as they age when the conversion rate of T to oestrogen begins to increase.
- Plus NutriGenesis vitamins and minerals: These five nutrients– zinc, magnesium, vitamin D3, vitamin K, and boron – are often lacking in men’s diets and are the most influential for T-production. Supplying generous quantities of them, therefore, enables Testo Lab Pro to provide a solid foundation for the rest of the formula to rest upon. Let’s took at what each does…
- Boron, of course, is a classic T-boosting mineral used to boost levels of free testosterone in the body. Though it’s fair to say most human studies have used 10mg of boron as opposed to the 6mg in Testo Lab Pro. Combined with the other ingredients, however, it’s unlikely you’d notice that difference.
- Zinc and Magnesium: Testo Lab Pro also contains 30mg of zinc, providing more than 100% of your daily requirement. Zinc is an essential nutrient which your body cannot store or produce so you need a constant supply from your diet. Having a zinc deficiency can lead to low testosterone and supplementation of zinc and magnesium — also included in this formula — has been shown to improve levels of free testosterone in the body. Zinc may also boost sperm count in men who are deficient in zinc.
- Vitamins D and K: Finally, Testo Lab Pro is rounded out with vitamins D, K1 and K2. Each deserves their place. Vitamin D acts as a steroid hormone in the body in its active form and studies have shown a correlation between low levels of vitamin D and low testosterone. The reverse is also true — boost your levels of vitamin D and you boost your T-levels. Similarly, the ‘forgotten vitamin’ — vitamin K — is slowly becoming recognised as a valuable T-booster. Vitamin K builds up in the testes, directly impacting testosterone synthesis. K1 is known to keep blood flowing while low levels of vitamin K2 are associated with lower testosterone levels.
How Does Testo Lab Pro Work?
Together the ingredients in Testo Lab Pro have been proven to help to promote healthy T levels; combat female and stress hormones to sustain circulating testosterone, and support the LH and FSH hormones that encourage testosterone production. All are included in clinically effective dosages, boron being the one possible exception.
The result of combining the above? Testo Lab Pro should deliver more free testosterone and keep it circulating for longer, meaning more testosterone that is bio-available for the body to use.
All ingredients are natural so should be free of side effects.
Why You Can Trust This Brand
Opti-Nutra has an excellent pedigree and a proven track record with solid customer service. First orders, for instance, are covered with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied, and unlike many competitors, they offer a quibble-free return.
Examine Testo Lab Pro as we have and you’ll see the signs of superior manufacturing everywhere. From including only research-backed ingredients to choosing superior versions of those ingredients (D-AA-CC, KSM-66, NutriGenesis nutrients), the quality is obvious.
All products are also made in cGMP facilities — certified Good Manufacturing Practices — and are then sent to an independent third party for checks. You can learn more about Testo Lab Pro’s quality assurances here.
Finally, Opti-Nutra has created some of the cleanest supplements available on the market today. Testo Lab Pro is free from GMO, non-irradiated, free of soy, gluten, preservatives and other allergens, and uses 100% vegan-friendly plant-based capsules.
It is our conclusion that a great deal of care and attention has gone into making Testo Lab Pro one of the best T-boosters on the UK market.
Use Testo Lab Pro if…
You’re looking for a safe, powerful and natural daily T-booster that you can use over the longer term (no cycling needed).
Visit the Visit the Official Testo Lab Pro website
Visit the Visit the Official Testo Lab Pro website
PAIRS WELL WITH
Performance Lab NutriGenesis Multi for Men. Provides all your daily requirements for 17 important vitamins and minerals (and more!), making sure you’re not deficient.
2. Centrapeak: Best for Male Vitality
Centrapeak is a male vitality pill that pledges to boost testosterone AND enhance your mental wellbeing too.
It claims to do this by focusing on ingredients that improve your T-levels, as well as including the sort of herbs and nootropics that aren’t often seen in traditional testosterone boosters.
These additional ingredients help to tackle stress, improve libido, reduce anxiety and aid mental cognition. Add these to increased testosterone levels with a knock-on effect on stamina, endurance, muscle strength and energy, and Centrapeak promises to be a potent male vitality stack.
We like its emphasis on mental health as well as testosterone boosting, but how does it work? Let’s investigate to see if it lives up to its promises in all areas…
Pros of Centrapeak
- Centrapeak includes proven testosterone boosting ingredients, which should improve stamina and endurance.
- Also has a strong focus on tackling anxiety and stress; may also help to reduce stress-related fatigue.
- Centrapeak may also be able to enhance fertility and sperm count.
- The ingredients have been shown to improve mood and subjective wellbeing in studies.
- All dosages should be clinically effective.
- Offers worldwide shipping and strong customer service.
- Lots of positive comments and reviews from buyers.
Cons of Centrapeak
- Centrapeak does have a quality price tag, but user reviews show that it is a quality product too.
- Only available direct from the manufacturer.
- The magnesium dosage could be a bit higher.
- Not the strongest product for those seeking bodybuilding gains.
Zinc, Magnesium and B6: Centrapeak’s version of ZMA, the popular supplement created to build muscle strength and stamina, help recovery after exercise and improve sleep. Zinc helps to directly raise T-levels, magnesium promotes better sleep which also improves testosterone and B6 both promotes androgens and regulates the hormones oestrogen and prolactin, which can otherwise damage T-levels.
Vitamin K2 is particularly useful for tackling age-related falls in testosterone; vitamin D supplementation prevents deficiency which has been linked to low T-levels, and Indole-3-Carbinol blocks aromatase, which converts T into oestrogen, helping to maintain testosterone levels.
Power hitter Ashwagandha acts as a testosterone booster and a nootropic. It tackles cortisol levels — too much of the stress hormone hinders T production — has been shown to boost muscle mass, AND acts as a potent libido enhancer.
Nootropics Rhodiola Rosea, an adaptogen herb that helps the body to handle stress, and Phosphatidylserine, which helps to create and protect brain neurons, help to boost the cognitive benefits and stress-relief of Centrapeak.
Herb Mucuna Pruriens both reduces stress and delivers L-DOPA that turns into dopamine and more testosterone. It has also been shown to improve sperm count and sperm activity, boosting male virility.
Ancient natural medicine, Panax Ginseng, can also boost testosterone and libido, and provide more nitric oxide to potentially help with erectile dysfunction. While Luteolin is one of the best oestrogen-blockers around, helping to reduce aromatase. It also boosts GABA levels in the brain to improve mood and feelings of wellbeing.
Boron helps to reduce levels of SHBG, the hormone that binds to T, making it no longer available for use, while also improving performance and boosting free testosterone. The final ingredient, BioPerine, aids with the absorption of all other ingredients
How Does Centrapeak Work?
Centrapeak works by combining proven testosterone boosters with proven nootropics and adaptogen herbs to reduce stress and anxiety. It’s a clever combination that seeks to tackle one of the biggest barriers to testosterone — high levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) in the body. As a result of its anti-stress and anti-anxiety elements, subjective mood and wellbeing should increase as should energy and vitality. For this reason, and for the care and attention that has gone into choosing the right ingredients, we consider Centrapeak our favourite male vitality pill. It would suit men in their 30s, 40s and beyond who have stressful jobs or lives.
Why You Should Trust This Brand
Lots of reviews of Centrapeak focus on the ‘phenomenal customer service’ provided by Centrapeak, which is no surprise given its emphasis on quality of production. Centrapeak is made in two facilities in the UK and the U.S. to Good Manufacturing guidelines. There are no hidden ingredients, dosages, or proprietary blends, and Centrapeak boasts a very clean formula — GMO-free, preservative-free, baned substance-free, gluten-free, and suitable for vegans. Companies that go to these lengths to create quality products are not charlatans.
Choose Centrapeak if…
You want something more than just a testosterone booster, and would appreciate a supplement that boosts T while also helping your body deal with stress, protect the brain and help improve your mood too.
3. Prime Male: Best for Older Men
Prime Male combines 12 solid ingredients to make a top-notch testosterone-boosting pill. We love Prime Male, especially for its:
- Target audience: Prime Male is targeted at men aged 30, 40, 50 and over, the age groups that need testosterone boosters the most.
- It’s not often a formula can make all 12 ingredients work hard, but Prime Male does. All ingredients are either strong proven T-boosters alone, or combine with each other to significantly improve its testosterone-boosting power.
- Prime Male includes substances that work especially for age-related testosterone loss, demonstrating its commitment to its target audience.
Prime Males’ Promise:
To quote the manufacturers, Prime Male can ‘turn back the clock on male ageing’
That’s a heck of a promise. Here’s another one: Prime Male claims that it can boost your T levels to what they were 10, 20 and even 30 years ago, and can do so in weeks rather than months.
The manufacturers are very confident of their product and we agree with them. Everything we’ve seen and tested so far demonstrates that Prime Male is a winning testosterone-boosting formula.
Taking Prime Male or any effective T-booster should help to boost your libido and mood, improve cardiovascular health, give you more energy, help build lean muscle, and strengthen your bones. Prime Male also boasts that its product can aid optimum prostate health, boost brain function, and improve skin.
It Works Because…
Prime Male is so effective because of its three-pronged approach. It…
- Boosts testosterone production directly by using D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (D-AA-CC) to encourage production of the body’s Luteinizing Hormone (LH).
The power of D-AA-CC is also backed by LH-booster Mucuna Pruriens.
- Neutralises Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHGB). As much as 60% of a man’s testosterone is ‘bound’ to SHGB, which makes it unavailable for use. Magnesium citrate, nettle root and boron help to reduce levels of SHGB and reduce its strength.
- Reduces the female hormones found in a man’s body. Oestrogen and prolactin are naturally present in the male, but too much can damage testosterone levels. Boron, luteolin, and zinc help to reduce their amounts. One study found that oestrogen levels dropped by 39% after taking 10mg boron for one week.
Other ingredients include:
- Vitamins B6 and D3, both of which help to boost testosterone levels.
- Vitamin K2, particularly useful in tackling age-related T decline.
- Korean Red Ginseng, perhaps not a direct T-booster but useful in the bedroom. May also help erectile dysfunction.
- BioPerine®, a form of black pepper which encourages absorption, making the other ingredients more effective.
Choose Prime Male if….
You’re in the right age group, want a quality product with premium ingredients and plan to use it over the longer term to maintain healthy testosterone levels, as opposed to seeking a short sharp T boost.
PAIRS WELL WITH
Prime Male Enhance: Virility Pill
A virility pill designed to work in synergy with the original Prime Male. Prime Male Enhance boosts virility three-fold:
- Nutrients improve blood flow and sperm quality
- Proven libido-enhancing qualities fuel your sex drive
- Mood lifting ingredients boost your confidence
Let’s get down to what you really want to know: Prime Male Enhance promises to deliver stronger and longer erections, and more satisfying orgasms. As Prime Male helpfully point out, a recent survey shows that nearly half of men in their THIRTIES have occasional problems with gaining and sustaining an erection. Prime Male Enhance promises to tackle this.
It does so via a mix of 11 nutraceuticals, including:
- Ginseng, maca and oatstraw to help you ‘feel confident in your performance and sexual enjoyment’
- Tribulus terrestris, selenium, damiana, and muria puama (colloquially referred to as “erection root”) to increase desire and help you develop an ‘Alpha sexual mindset’
- Saw palmetto, L-arginine, B-vitamins and zinc to give you the energy to deliver and the ‘blood flow necessary to impress’.
Prime Male Enhance can be used alone but has been designed to be taken alongside Prime Male for extra strength.
TestoFuel: Best T-Booster for Muscle Gain
TestoFuel is great because of the difference it offers to our first and second place choices above. Whereas Testo Lab Pro brings ancient medicine to the modern-day, and Prime Male seeks to aid the older generation, TestoFuel unashamedly targets young weightlifters.
As it says on its marketing literature and website, if you’re ‘struggling to pack on the muscle’ or ‘not making the gains you’d hoped for’, the ‘missing link’ could be testosterone.
Testosterone is connected in some way to pretty much every organ in the body, and that’s especially true for the muscles. Increasing your levels of testosterone can help the body to recover quicker after workouts, giving you an energy boost at the same time. Meaning you can work out more often and harder than before, helping to build bigger muscles.
You’ll be stronger, have less body fat, improved muscle mass, more motivation and an enhanced libido, promises TestoFuel.
It Works Because…
The manufacturers of TestoFuel know their market, and have combined effective T-boosting ingredients with performance enhancers. A popular mix for weightlifters in their 20s seeking an extra edge.
We’ll be honest: TestoFuel uses many of the same proven substances as Prime Male. We’re talking D-AA (D-Aspartic Acid), vitamins D3 and B6, zinc and magnesium. All have been proven to help boost testosterone production, either by increasing it directly, stopping it from being rendered unusable by SHGB, or by reducing the female hormones in the body. TestoFuel’s supply of D-AA is particularly high at a dosage of 2,300mg.
Here’s where TestoFuel differs from Prime Male: It introduces a couple of new ingredients into the mix – fenugreek and oyster extract.
- Fenugreek used to be a controversial choice but more and more studies have shown that it can improve testosterone levels and symptoms related to low T-levels, such as poor libido. An eight-week study, for instance, with 49 athletic men demonstrated that taking fenugreek daily improved testosterone levels, plus strength and body fat too. It’s the perfect inclusion in TestoFuel.
- Oyster Extract gives another powerful boost of zinc — a known T-booster — and also adds an aphrodisiac and libido-boosting effect. We don’t believe anyone would complain about that!
- Vitamin D, included here as D3, a preferred form for testosterone. A vitamin D deficiency can lead to lower levels of free testosterone.
- Vitamin K2 complements vitamin D3 and may help to ‘maintain steady levels of testosterone.’
Worthy of note: By including Zinc Monomethionine and Aspartate along with Magnesium Aspartate and vitamin B6, TestoFuel basically includes its own version of ZMA, a popular sports nutrient. This would appeal to bodybuilders, athletes and gymnasts for its ability to boost muscle recovery and promote deeper sleep. A bonus to TestoFuel.
Choose TestoFuel if…
You are ideally in your 20s and want a helping hand to boost testosterone so that you can build muscle. A couple of performance enhancers are also a welcome addition.
5. Hunter Test: Best for Low Testosterone
Don’t be fooled by the fact that Hunter Test is fifth on this list; this is a superior testosterone booster. There just happen to be several other excellent T-boosters to sit alongside it.
Hunter Test is made by respected UK supplement company Roar Ambition, and here’s what we love about it: It’s part of a male-focused range of products which includes a strong nootropic (Hunter Mind) and an excellent fat burner (Hunter Burn). All can be used together, making an impressive male-oriented health package.
Of course, if you only want the T-booster, then Hunter Test also works perfectly well on its own, thanks to its combo of DAA, ginseng, ashwagandha, boron, zinc, magnesium and vitamins D3 and K2.
It’s a combination that both provides short-term benefit to testosterone levels, potentially combats T-deficiency and fights stress that can impact on your testosterone levels. Hunter Test is particularly useful to support infertile men or men deficient in testosterone — so potentially any man over 40 years of age!
Full ingredients include:
Overall, this is a very strong product primarily designed to support older men with the likes of DAA and Ashwagandha allowing you to regain some control over your hormones.