In this article, we reveal what you should look for in quality testosterone-boosting supplements, and compare and review top-rated T-boosters on the market to find the best testosterone boosters UK in 2024.
When you hit the relatively young age of 30, a man’s testosterone levels can fall by as much as 10% for each passing decade. Testosterone is implicated in everything from virility, libido and sexual performance to muscle gain, athletic performance, strong bones and overall health and vitality. It’s no wonder testosterone boosters have become so popular in recent years.
Whether you want a T-booster to replace lost testosterone, to give you more oomph for the gym or to enhance your sex life – in a safe and healthy way – we’ve got you covered.
SHORTCUT: After reviewing dozens of supplements, we believe that Testo Lab Pro is the best testosterone booster for men currently available on the market.
Or read on to learn why we chose this T-booster as our #1 recommendation for best testosterone boosters UK.
Testosterone boosters are big business, but not all of the products on the market are effective… or safe. Knowing what to look for can help you find the right T-booster for you, no matter what your reason for buying. In this guide, we’ve investigated the UK market and evaluated some of the top products.
For now, let us introduce the five best testosterone boosters UK in 2024.
- Testo Lab Pro: Best Overall Testosterone Booster
- Centrapeak: Best T-Booster for Male Vitality
- Prime Male: Best Testosterone Booster for Older Men
- TestoFuel: Best T-Booster for Body Building & Muscle Gain
- Hunter Test: Best T-Booster for Low Testosterone
One of these is bound to be the perfect choice for you. Read on for a brief summary of each product with the option to learn more about them below…
Best Testosterone Boosters UK that Work
1. Testo Lab Pro
Billed as the next generation in T support, Testo Lab Pro is made by OptiNutra, the manufacturer of the phenomenally popular, Mind Lab Pro nootropic. Testo Lab Pro, its headlining Testosterone Booster, combines clinically proven T-boosters with tonics and male-friendly vitamins.
- Boosts testosterone naturally (no synthetic testosterone involved).
- It does so by encouraging the body to boost its own supply of T.
- The ingredients in Testo Lab Pro do much more than just boost testosterone — they can improve sperm quality (Ashwagandha), enhance libido and virility (Mucuna Pruriens), prevent T decline (luteolin), and supercharge your T (D-AA-CC).
- Also contains some useful male-friendly vitamins and minerals, such as zinc, vitamin K, D3, boron, and magnesium — all of which are implicated in T production.
- Testo Lab Pro is suitable for men of all fitness levels.
- Higher T levels can aid muscle growth and gym/ athletic performance.
- Super clean formula with no banned substances, so suitable for competing athletes.
- Endorsed by Dr Lance Dreher, a two-times Mr Universe and Master Trainer.
Centrapeak isn’t just a testosterone booster — its main role is as a vitality booster with an emphasis on both the body and mind. It combines some T-boosting ingredients alongside libido enhancers and a couple of nootropics.
- Designed to boost low levels of testosterone.
- The nootropics included in Centrapeak (Rhodiola Rosea and Phosphatidylserine) help to enhance your sense of well-being.
- Should help to reduce any anxiety and stress.
- Includes strong virility and libido boosters, such as Ashwagandha and Panax Ginseng.
- Combined with strong T-boosters, such as boron, luteolin, zinc, vitamin K2 and more.
3. Prime Male
Prime Male targets the older man with some great ingredients designed to reverse the fall in testosterone that starts to happen when men are just 30 years old. It includes some big hitters in the testosterone-boosting world and comes from Roar Ambition, one of the most reputable supplement manufacturers around.
- It’s a natural testosterone booster.
- Doses are clinically effective and calibrated for optimal daily use — there’s no waste in this formula.
- There is great synergy in this formula — a mix of proven T-boosters and support ingredients that enhance other T-boosters.
- Includes powerhouse T boosters such as D-AA-CC and Ashwagandha, as well as libido enhancers like Asian Red Ginseng.
- Used and recommended by numerous athletes and fitness gurus, including Dolph Lundgren, action star, and martial artist.
- Prime Male has also released Prime Male Enhance, a dedicated virility pill designed to work alongside the original.
4. Testo Fuel
TestoFuel aims itself at the body-building market or anyone who wants to pack on muscle. Increasing your testosterone is one way to do that.
- TestoFuel is an all-natural substance.
- Includes a generous dose of D-AA (2,000mg), one of the most effective T-boosters around.
- Also includes potent libido enhancers such as Asian Red Ginseng, Fenugreek and Oyster extract.
- Ideal for younger men who want to train hard and pack on muscle.
- Endorsed by Mr Olympia Master, Robby Robinson
5. Hunter Test
Hunter Test may be at the bottom of our list, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less deserving of merit. Hunter Test is a premium testosterone booster that makes up one-third of the male-focused Hunter Evolve line — alongside a fat burner and a nootropic.
- Hunter Test has an even bigger dose of D-AA than TestoFuel, making it one of the most generous on the market today.
- Includes Ashwagandha, a potent T-booster and adaptogen — meaning it helps to tackle the impact of stress on the body.
- Quality manufacturing process
- Its ingredients help to protect testosterone in several different ways — encouraging straightforward T-boosting as well as tackling bodily processes that hamper testosterone.
- Can be taken alone, but also makes a super-strong mind-body stack alongside Hunter Burn and Hunter Focus.
A Buyer’s Guide to Testosterone Boosting Supplements
Why is Testosterone Important?
Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone (women produce testosterone too but to a much lesser degree) and is influential in a wide range of bodily processes — from helping the male sex organs to develop correctly, to sperm production, libido, and sexual performance. It also has a significant impact on muscle mass, bone strength, fat distribution, and the production of red blood cells. In fact, testosterone is implicated in virtually every bodily process there is.
What Happens When Testosterone Falls?
So, what happens when levels of testosterone start to fall, as they do by 1% a year from the age of 30 onwards? Falling testosterone can make you weaker (reduced muscle strength), bones frailer, cause hair loss, and make you more prone to putting on weight. It can also impact your sex drive, disturb your sleep, and affect your mood. Simply put, it’s not something you want.
So, how can you delay, prevent, or reverse that fall? You can take a testosterone-boosting supplement.
What are Testosterone Boosting Supplements?
Testosterone boosters, or T-boosters/ test-boosters as they’re also known, are a type of dietary supplement — generally a natural one — containing ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts, and amino acids. Their aim is to increase the testosterone in your body. The good ones, such as the ones recommended on this page, do so by encouraging your natural T-producing hormones to get to work and/ or by preventing other hormones from damaging or converting that testosterone into the female hormone, oestrogen.
T-boosters can help men whose natural T levels are falling, as well as offer younger men extra muscle power, hence their popularity with bodybuilders.
Not all T-boosters work as they claim, however, so you are advised to do your research first.
What to Look for in a Testosterone Booster
There are a lot of T-boosters on the market but they’re not all equal — in fact, many are downright rubbish. Here’s what we think you should be looking for in a great testosterone-boosting supplement:
- Proven ingredients: Don’t get side-tracked by buzz or elaborate marketing promises. Look for products that offer clinically proven ingredients. Some of the best ingredients around are D-AA (or its more premium form, D-AA-CC), vitamin D, and ginseng, as well as multi-purpose ingredients, such as ashwagandha. Make sure too that they’re included in effective doses.
- Natural products: Steer away from synthetic testosterone, and instead look for products that increase T in a safe, natural way.
- Multi-path Testosterone Boosting: Do your research, and opt for products that increase your testosterone in more than one way. Some ingredients may encourage different bodily processes to create testosterone naturally, while others may work to prevent hormones that bind to free testosterone, effectively rendering it useless. A really strong testosterone booster will offer more than one way of increasing or maintaining T levels.
- Safety: If you opt for the natural products mentioned above, you should find products that have no side effects and make you feel great.
- User Recommendations and/ or Independent Reviews: Finally, get on the web and see what other people are saying about the product you’re considering. Keep an eye out for any red flags. Independent reviews on review websites (such as ours!) are also a good way to go.
All of the products on our Best Testosterone Boosters UK of 2024 meet the above recommendations, so we’ve done the work for you! Below you can learn more about each of our best testosterone boosters UK recommendations in detail.
BEST TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS UK – IN DETAIL…
1. Testo Lab Pro: Best Overall Testosterone Booster
Testo Lab Pro is manufactured by Opti-Nutra, a trusted name in the supplements industry and the creators of the ever-popular Performance Lab line.
Opti-Nutra has developed a reputation for combining natural ingredients with scientific research to offer high-quality products. Testo Lab Pro replaces their popular Performance Lab Sport T-Booster.
The reason for the update and new brand was to address an issue with the old product — that some of the ingredients were a little underdosed, designed to provide a lighter boost.
Testo Lab Pro amps up and indeed doubles the ingredients to deliver a more potent boost of testosterone, while still keeping the safety record the Opti-Nutra brand is known for.
Testo Lab Pro calls itself ‘masculinity in a capsule’ and, hyperbole aside, this is a serious testosterone booster. It pledges to:
- Increase T-levels levels naturally and safely
- Protect, maintain and enhance the power of circulating testosterone
- Encourage muscle growth and resulting strength
- Improve athletic prowess
- Enhance your virility and help you feel more masculine.
So, does it live up to its own hype? Let’s investigate and find out…
Pros of Testo Lab Pro
- We like products that seek to raise testosterone via several different pathways, as Testo Lab pro does.
- It simultaneously seeks to boost the production of testosterone while also tackling bodily processes that could reduce it.
- All ingredients have significant research behind them, and dosage is effective.
- Testo Lab Pro should help to enhance libido and sexual drive as well as muscle growth and athletic performance. It can also aid fat loss.
- The ingredients in Testo Lab Pro help to boost both mental and physical energy.
- All are natural and suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and Testo Lab Pro is certified organic by the USDA.
Cons of Testo Lab Pro
- Only available direct from the manufacturer, as opposed to being found in high street shops or on Amazon. This does allow the manufacturer to offer bulk discounts, however.
- May be a little bit pricier than some other T-boosters but we believe it’s a fair price for the quality you receive.
The Ingredients in Testo Lab Pro
One of the star ingredients of Testo Lab Pro is the ancient herb Ashwagandha, included here in premium form KSM-66®. Popular in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, modern clinical trials have recently investigated its T-boosting and other health-building effects.
Ashwagandha is a potent adaptogen, meaning that it helps to reduce anxiety and stress and balance stress-related hormones such as cortisol. A double-blind human placebo study of subjects taking 300mg of KSM-66® for 60 days demonstrated a 27% drop in cortisol levels. It’s worth noting that Testo Lab Pro includes double that amount.
Why does this impact testosterone? There’s a strong school of belief, with evidence behind it, that stress and low testosterone levels may be linked, via cortisol. This may be because testosterone isn’t a high requirement when the body is in fight or flight mode, a form of stress that all too often carries over into the everyday. Instead, the body produces the stress hormone cortisol.
As well as reducing cortisol, Ashwagandha has also been proven to increase HDL-cholesterol (the good kind), aid sleep and reduce inflammation, all of which are potentially valuable for testosterone production.
Human studies of Ashwagandha on infertile subjects have shown significant increases in testosterone of up to 40%, with better sperm quality. A study of young healthy fertile subjects (using KSM-66®) also saw a See Deals on Testo Lab Pro