This page may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small amount of money from any products bought. Our reviews, however, remain independent and impartial.
Mind Lab Pro is by far our favourite of the nootropic supplements that we have tried so far. That’s because it includes 11 top notch ingredients in doses big enough to actually work, unlike many competitors which cram in buzz names without caring whether they can do the job.
According to the manufacturers, Mind Lab Pro is intended to enhance mental function by increasing brain energy and regeneration, to banish brain fog and to act as a universal nootropic, adapting to your daily nootropic needs.
In essence, it tackles cognition on several different fronts – it increases mental energy, encourages neurotransmitters, boosts blood flow to the brain, influences Alpha brain waves, and protects and aids brain cell regeneration.
All of the ingredients in the Mind Lab Pro nootropic stack are natural and, according to numerous studies, work as effective nootropics. They come from plants, mushrooms, berries, and other naturally-occurring sources, and work together to provide a full-spectrum brain boost.
To Improve Memory:
Bacopa monnieri is an antioxidant long used in Ayurvedic medicine. Mind Lab Pro contains 150mg standardised to minimum 24% bacosides with nine bioactives. What does that mean? The manufacturers guarantee that every serving of Mind Lab Pro will contain exact levels of the herb’s nine nootropic compounds. Note that this is a slight formula change made in 2017; the manufacturer says this version is more powerful than the previous Bacopa used pre-2017 in Mind Lab Pro. Other versions of the herb sold elsewhere may not contain all compounds, or the testing system used may not reflect Bacopa’s true potency. Bacopa is particularly good for memory retention, restoration and recall.
To Reduce Stress and Hone Focus:
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (175mg), a non-essential amino acid, affects neurotransmitters in the brain to boost attention span, particularly when over-stressed, overworked or sleep-deprived. The amino acid L-Theanine (here as Suntheanine®, 100mg), found in green tea, affects norepinephrine and dopamine levels to bring about a ‘relaxed awakening’ and reduce stress. Also included is Rhodiola Rosea (50mg), a plant that acts as a mild stimulant to strengthen performance when under stress.
To Boost Overall Brain Health and Function:
Cognizin, patented form of Citicoline (250mg), helps to energise the brain and boost attention, memory and mental processing. Lion’s Mane Mushroom (500mg) aids the brain in regenerating neurons, while Phosphatidylserine (100mg, here as Sharp PS® Green), helps to build new neurons and encourages peak brain power.
- 75mg of Maritime Pine Bark Extract (95% proanthocyanidins), which replaced previous ingredients Vinpocetine and Pterostilbene. Maritime Pine Bark Extract supports brain circulation and offers antioxidant benefits (which Vinpocetine and Pterostilbene used to do), but also promotes brain growth factor which supports brain regeneration. Mind Lab Pro includes the strongest potency of Maritime Pine Bark Extract found on the market today.
- B6, B9 and B12 as BioGenesis™ (replacing the P-5-P (B6) and methylcobalamin (B12) in the pre-2017 formula). The manufacturer points out that this now allows Mind Lab Pro to supply an additional B9 which it couldn’t before, creating a B-vitamin nootropic stack that can tackle cognitive decline and brain fog.
- The clever use of ingredients in Mind Lab Pro combine together well, meaning that this stack doesn’t just work for any one cognitive issue but will help several of them at the same time.
- Its ability to be a universal nootropic should mean that it adapts to your mental circumstances and needs day by day.
- It’s rare nowadays to find nootropic stacks that don’t include a stimulant somewhere in the make-up, often caffeine. Mind Lab Pro, however, is completely caffeine-free. The lack of stimulants should mean it carries no nasty side effects.
- The product contains only natural ingredients, in its capsule as well. A totally natural supplement like this is very hard to find.
- The fact that Mind Lab Pro reveals its dosages means that we can assess how effective it should be beforehand.
- Its ingredients demonstrate its commitment to quality. As well as choosing eleven strong substances and ensuring nearly all are used in effective dosages, Mind Lab Pro also uses premium versions of certain ingredients. N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, for instance, crosses the blood brain barrier easier than plain L-Tyrosine, while Cognizin® is a well-respected version of Citicoline that has proved itself in human trials. The Sharp PS®version of Phosphatidylserine is also top quality.
- Being manufactured in the U.S. and certified by the authorities there and in Canada as well should ensure quality control.
- Mind Lab Pro is only available from the official website and not on the high street.
Safety / Side Effects
To date, there have been no reported side effects of Mind Lab Pro, and there is nothing in its ingredients to suggest there should be any. Its new ingredients are also reasonably well tolerated.
Mind Lab Pro isn’t targeted at any particular demographic and doesn’t offer any health warnings, as such. All ingredients are natural and seem to be well tolerated. However, as with all supplements, we would advise pregnant or nursing women, anyone under 18 and people with existing medical conditions to seek medical advice before taking this product.
How to Take It
The manufacturers Opti-Nutra recommend taking two capsules a day, though you can take up to four in a 24 hour period. You may notice some improvement in a few days, but it usually takes a month or so to feel the full benefits.
Does It Work?
Yes, yes and yes.
Editor’s note: Putting my hands up in an effort to be transparent… Mind Lab Pro is my personal favoured nootropic and I use it every day. I swopped to it from Alpha Brain after learning more about its ingredients, and I would never go back. That stands true with its new formula as well.
Mind Lab Pro is great for my motivation and focus. Everything seems that much sharper, I have a lot more mental energy and my ability to concentrate is now almost legendary. I feel much more on top of everything when taking Mind Lab Pro, even down to improving my verbal memory and being a much more effective communicator.
Mind Lab Pro works, and that’s no doubt because it is a great quality supplement with better ingredients (and dosages) than anything else I’ve found on the market.
Mind Lab Pro is upfront about its dosages and ingredients, and we like that. There is no need to hide behind ‘proprietary blends’ when you choose some of the best ingredients in the right dose in the first place. Some of those nootropics will tackle immediate cognitive issues, while others are great for the longer term.
Mind Lab Pro is so effective because it concentrates on strong powerhouse nootropics that work very well in smaller amounts, allowing it to provide at least ten of its eleven ingredients in clinically effective doses. The manufacturers have done their research. It’s just one signpost to quality, of which there are many with Mind Lab Pro.
This sounds like common sense but it is a relatively revolutionary approach in a market that seems to spend more time trying to create a buzz than it does in making sure products work as well as they possibly can. That could be the cynic in us talking, of course.
Nevertheless, we do not hesitate to recommend Mind Lab Pro and to title it our favourite nootropic stack to date.
Where to Buy
Mind Lab Pro is only available from the official website, www.mindlabpro.com.